Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Love Tree

My friend, Angie, always has these wonderful ideas.  She is continually posting amazing decorating projects and ways to organize over at her blog, Echoes of Laughter.  

So...last week she shows off her super cute "Tree of Love" craft project.  I decided that is was so great that I needed to tackle it too.  

I made it a project my boys could all be involved in.  One helped me adhere vellum sticky letters to the flower pot, 2 of them trooped outside with me, in snow to their hips, to find the perfect branches to snap off trees in the yard, and they all had their chance to pick out 3 baby pictures of themselves.  We matted all the photos and added a little valentine bling.  Now I was short on a couple of items and so it was time to make a real fast trip into the dollar store. 


Here is how the Love Tree turned out.  

And here is what my van looks like after that quick trip to the dollar store.  


It was a very icy day and I managed to slide through a stop sign in the parking lot just as another car was coming around the corner.  And to top it off, the store did not have the clothespins that I was going there to get in the beginning!  I carried on to another store and decided I was not going home until I had what I needed and that cute little project would be finished before I went to bed.  

Hope this brought a little laugh out.

Thanks for visiting, 

Danine  

1 comment:

  1. Your 'Tree of Love' looks fantastic! The van...no so much! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete