Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Strawberry Inspired


In the last issue of Apronology I fell in love with the “Sew Strawberry” apron designed by Julie Thompson.  When I was out on a regular hunt for vintage pieces I came across this strawberry embroidered tablecloth.  There was no turning back once I saw it and I was immediately drawn back to the apron I had seen in the magazine.  The designing artist had stated in her article that she hoped her apron would inspire the apronologist in others.  Well, she did just that, I was inspired.  I have kept the vision of Julie’s apron in my head and followed the similar strawberry theme.  With some scavenging through my stash of fabrics I found the exact right red pieces for accompanying the tablecloth. Embellishments added the final details I felt were missing at the end.  Black seed beads were hand-stitched to the berry pocket and then I topstitched veins on the leaves.  I felt a great sense of accomplishment once all the texture with the fine details had been added.



All the seed beads were individually hand-stitched to the pocket.  The knots were purposely tied on the outside of the pocket to avoid catching fingers in any thread when using the pocket. 




Danine

No comments:

Post a Comment