Sunday, January 2, 2011

A Homecooked Meal in a Rush



I love the idea of always having a homecooked meal to feed my family at night.  Even when there is a rush to be at activites and I do not have all day to prepare I am not one to cave and but frozen boxed chicken fingers on the table.  This is not to say that I have never served them that however!  
Last night I had planned on meatloaf but the day got away on me and there was not an hour and a half to wait for it to cook.  Improvise.  I dumped all the ingredients into my new Kitchen Aid mixer, including the grated cheese.  Gave it a mix and spooned portions into the greased muffin tin.  A squirt of ketchup on the top of each protion and into the oven.  The meatloaves were now kid sized portions and were ready in 35 minutes instead 90 minutes.  Huge savings of time and energy on the stove too!  The part that is the trade off comes when cleaning out the muffin tin afterwards.  My advice, don’t leave the tin to wash until the next day. 

Left over protions are perfect to freeze and then send for hot lunch at school.  So easy to pull from the freezer, warm, and dump in a thermos.


Danine

No comments:

Post a Comment