Thursday, January 27, 2011

Tea Party Hostess


Who would not want to be the Hostess of a quaint little Tea Party wearing this apron?  This apron represents everything feminine and dainty.  As a mother of 4 very young boys I enjoy escaping to my craft room and creating one of a kind masterpieces that I can wear and enjoy.  Looking pretty in one of these creations gives me the renewed energy to carry though my busy days.  I love sharing my passion with others and this is one way I have chosen to follow in doing just that.  My typical preferred look usually involves softer earth element colors with that worn vintage look.  Although I do stretch myself to create aprons of completely different styles.     
In this Apron, perfect to host a Tea Party, everything has been repurposed.  The apron base was once a skirt found at a local thrift shop, the cream overlay is a combination of 2 table napkins sewn together with a few pin tucks.  These napkins journeyed across the country from eastern Canada to the western prairies and were gifted from my Mother.  The pink ties are constructed from leftover quilting cotton my mom had made a quilt 10 years ago (a quilt for me that is used each day).  Vintage buttons were an amazing find at an antique sale just recently.
As much as I love wearing an apron around the house I wish it were acceptable to wear one anywhere my days took me.  It shows the true inner spirit of how I feel and I believe if you feel good and inspired then others can sense it and then they suddenly feel good too.  
I had gathered a few items to start this design that sat on my craft table for nearly 2 months before I had a chance to sit and work.  I did not have a clear vision of what the final apron would be, only that I liked the colors.  Once I sat down the ideas started flowing and I had a very hard time stopping to go to bed.  I stitched to the wee hours of the morning which is not in the schedule of having 4 little boys under age 6 very early each morning!  However, the energy gained from this creation worked to my advantage in facing those smiling faces just a few hours after I laid down.
The name for this apron was the baby girl name I did not have the chance to use.  With all the testosterone in our house I need every bit of girl, frill, daintiness and Grace I can find.     

Thanks for visiting

Danine

No comments:

Post a Comment