Friday, March 4, 2011

A Farmer’s Wife Apron


I would truly love to know the stories behind some of the pieces I collect.  This beautiful apron was found at an antique market and fell in love.  It is so simple and yet would have so many stories to share.  I can tell that it has been homemade and I envision a farmer’s wife to have worn it.  I see her out in the yard pinning up laundry to the line with pins coming from her pockets.  I see kids playing on the grass and pulling on the hemline.  I can also smell the fresh apple pie that she made this morning and just took out of the oven.  

The pink details are bias tape while all the other edges are finished with a double folded hem. 

This is the apron I have been choosing to wearing in my kitchen over the past 6 months.    
Thanks for visiting, 

Danine

No comments:

Post a Comment