Monday, March 7, 2011

It’s the Real Thing

So hard to believe it is true.  I am so excited that there are others out there in the world that can share in my interests.  I have a true passion for designing and creating aprons mostly from vintage linens.  And to find out that there are others out there that are driven by the same is so awesome.  


I first became aware of the magazine Apron-ology in the winter of 2010.  I ran into a cigar and newspaper shop in my home city to pick of a magazine for my mom.  Her publication was not there, however....this is when I first spotted my new favorite!  I purchased my copy and read every page from front to back.  I had so many design ideas passing through my head that I had to actually start jotting them down. There was no way I would be able to recall the idea and create them all immediately.  The other worth mentioning reason for making the list was that I was 9 months pregnant at the time with my 4 son.  There was not going to be a lot of design time in my near future.  

Within the first few pages of Apron-ology I saw the call for submissions.  It was at that time that I decided I was going to submit and be published in the next issue.  The current issue is the “next issue” and I am published!

To be published has now been marked off my Bucket List.  I had submitted 3 aprons of all different tastes to be evaluated.  I was very proud of them all but was truly surprised that the apron I considered the simplest to create was the one that was chosen.  It just goes to show that sometimes less is more.  

I also have a fabulous best girlfriend who I immediately showed my prized new favorite magazine to last winter.  Her creative juices started flowing and 5 of her original designs were submitted to apron-ology.  Here are the 2 aprons that she had published.  


What can be better than having your work published?  Sharing that with your BFF that is also published.  Congratulations Julie!

Enjoy the few photos I have attached and please come back to visit again.  I have so many more creations I would love to share with you.    

Danine

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on being published Danine! that is so exciting!! :)

    i love aprons, and yours are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete