Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Simply Supper


Well after being told about this fabulous way of preparing suppers I finally put it higher on my priority list and made it happen.  


A few weeks back on a Friday night I took my oldest son with me on a special date.  
We attended Simply Supper in Edmonton, AB.  We made 12 suppers in 1 hour and 15 minutes! 
I chose from a long list of possibilities for the month that were being offered through their website.  They had a great list of meals with an explanation of ingredients listed beside each.  I narrowed my choices down to 6 and decided to double each one.  
I came home with 6 different meals to prepare 2 times.  
They were all transferred to the freezer and on those rushed evenings of activities I am not preparing food all day I simply need to spend 30-45  minutes of cook time without the preparation.  With 4 little boys at my feet, any time not needed in the kitchen is wonderful.  
I am very happy to have made the time to go and discover for myself what I had been told about.  
The meals have been wonderful and there is only one yet to sample.  


The price did scare me a little bit.  My budget is to stay inside of $15.00 for a supper which will feed 3 adults and 4 children.  I even try to go as low as $10.00 per meal.  The price per meal when broke out in the same manner is $25.00.  After, thought and tasting the great meals, the price is not expensive.  I am not spending time to plan what I am going to make, creating the grocery list, shopping, or prep time for the meal each day at home and I can turn the attention to the boys instead. 
The other wonderful thing is that my son had an awesome time being one on one with Mommy.  He even made a little video at a restaurant afterwards to tell me how much he enjoyed being on a date with me and not having to share me. 
More than the time I have saved in the kitchen my children are made the priority and that brings a very large smile to my face.  
Thanks for visiting,


Danine

No comments:

Post a Comment